Available on the San Marcos and Round Rock campuses, Getting Started with Distance Learning Platform (DLP) Classrooms is an orientation class that gives an overview of the amazing technology included in these Zoom based classrooms. You will have the opportunity to try out the technology in the DLP classroom during the allotted time.
In this class, you will learn:
- The history behind Distance Learning Platform (DLP) classrooms and what they are today
- How to connect a DLP classroom to a Zoom meeting
- How to share content in the classroom and for remote participants
- The Zoom Room controls needed to conduct remote, face-to-face, or hyflex instruction
- The technology components in a DLP classroom
Visit the DLP support site ( https://itac.txstate.edu/support/dlp ) prior to attending to familiarize yourself. Bring your own device for hands-on experience by joining the meeting to see what remote participants will see.
Who Should Attend:
Faculty teaching in Distance Learning Platform (DLP) Classrooms and/or staff supporting these classrooms.
These sessions will be on-campus only. There must be a minimum of 5 people per session and a maximum of 15 per session. Sessions less than 5 will be cancelled.