Registration is closed for this session.
Welcome to Gato! This class is an introduction to the Gato editing environment.
By the end of this hands-on workshop learners will:
- Be able to log into the Gato editing environment
- Be able to locate the main work areas (e.g. - Pages and Assets)
- Understand the basic structure of a web site
- Be able to add and manage web pages
- Understand the basic structure of a web page
- Be able to modify the header (e.g. - banner, parent organization, and site name)
- Be able to modify the footer (e.g. - site contact)
- Be able to add and manage text on a page
- Be able to add and manage images on a page
- Understand the purpose of sections
- Be able to add and manage sections
- Be able to preview edits
- Be able to publish content
- Understand the role and importance of accessibility
This workshop may be cancelled if fewer than 5 people register.
In an effort to go green we are no longer providing training manuals for this workshop. The Gato support site offers text resources to help editors as they create and manage their content. Visit the support site at http://gato.its.txstate.edu/
Note: If you are a Mac user and have your own laptop, you are more than welcome to bring it along. Otherwise, the lab we will be using only has Windows machines.
Round Rock Attendees: Please contact Gato support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to make the San Marcos campus session and need alternate accommodations.