During this workshop attendees will be exposed to the various ways instructors can add content to a course site as well as the many tools and options that allow instructors, and site participants alike, to communicate with one another.
The workshop participants will learn how to:
• add learning modules
• deliver content to the course via the podcast, blogs, forums, wiki, news, and web content tools.
• utilize the dual purposes of some tools (communication and dissemination of information).
• distinguish between the forums, blog, and chat tools.
• create/edit/delete/view forums, grade forum postings, sort forum postings, moderate and lock topics and forums, and how to view forum statistics on student postings
• create/edit/delete/comment on blog postings as well as the different blog posting options (private, instructor only, entire site) and how to create a profile for the blog tool.
• create/edit/delete chat rooms and be shown how to delete chat room postings.
This workshop may be cancelled if fewer than 5 people register to attend.